After our hectic vacation to Pennsylvania, we needed some time to relax. So we setup a “camp date” with friends at our local county park favorite, Manatee Hammock.
While the weather didn’t agree with our plans, the weekend was relaxing nonetheless. Our Saturday dinner plans for a cookout got rained out, so we headed to Paul and April’s house for a cook-in instead.
Sunday morning, Jennifer and I decided to see what all of the Titusville Donut buzz was about, heading to Donuts-4-U. Apparently there is something to that buzz, as they were awesome. The next time we camp, we are going to hit all three of the donut shops (Kim’s and Tastee being the others) and conduct a thoroughly scientific comparison.
This weekend was the first official use of our camper’s shower. The campground’s showers, while nice and clean, leave a lot to be desired in the pressure department. Everything was great, but I will need to invest in the Oxygenics shower head other RVs recommend.
- Dates: 2015-07-31 through 2015-08-02 (2 nights)
- Weather: Overcast and Raining most of weekend, upper 80s
- Spot: 102, Full Hookup
- Price: $55.75, no discounts
- Very Shaded
- Freshly paved roads; nice for skateboarding
- Dog Park right on river
- Newly refinished pool and patio
- Very nice shower facilities near pool
- Passport USA Discount (during week only)
- Fishing Pier was closed for repairs
- Shower water pressure
Advice & Lessons Learned
If going with another camper, the best sites to have are 100 and 110, because when setup, they face each other. Having our campers parallel, was not great.